The risks -
Identity theft . . . . Security Breaches . . . . Stolen Computers . . . . Stolen Personal Information . . . . HIPPA.
These are the phrases associated with the fastest growing crime in America. Identity theft has increased more than 600% since the year 2000. Consumers and Businesses are demanding protection from their banks, medical providers and their government.
Even the Federal Government is at risk as shown with the most recent computer theft at Veterans Affairs. Surprisingly, research shows that most identity thieves obtain information through traditional paper-based sources rather than electronic channels. While laws and privacy policies help to keep companies in line and criminals in check, prevention is still the best means of intervention.
The benefits of document destruction and recycling -
- Protection against loss of Personal Identifiable Information
- Protection against Identity Theft
- Protection against “Dumpster Diving”
Every ton of recycled paper saves -
- 3.5 cubic yards of landfill
- 17 thirty foot (pulp) trees
- 7,000 gallons of water
- 380 gallons of oil
- 4,100 kwh of energy
- 60 pounds of air pollutants
The Athelas Document Destruction and Recycling Center has been in continuous operation for almost 40 years and has evolved to deliver on the current requirements for confidential records destruction on the Federal, State and local Government level, as well as, for private business.
In addition, the Athelas Document Destruction and Recycling Center has proudly and continually provided employment opportunities for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Partnering with Athelas will ensure that your confidential records will receive expert document destruction services. Athelas serves large and small businesses, as well as, Federal, State and local Government agencies. In addition, partnering with us provides the opportunity for Athelas to train and employ disabled individuals and to give back to our local communities!
- 35+ years experience in document destruction
- All staff receive F.B.I. and / or Maryland State Police background checks
- All staff sign a non-disclosure statement
- Federally approved secure document destruction site
- Affiliated member of NISH
- Secure, locked bins
- Lowest cost-per-pound for your shredding needs
- All bins weighed on state certified scales
- Shred width 5/16” vs. industry standard of 5/8”
- On-going industry best practices training for all employees
- Pickup services available in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC