Identity theft…Security Breaches…Stolen Computers…HIPPA.
These are the phrases associated with the fastest growing crime in America. Identity theft has increased more than 600% since the year 2000. Consumers and Businesses are demanding protection from their banks, medical providers and their government.
Even the Federal Government is at risk as shown with the most recent computer theft at Veterans Affairs. Surprisingly, research shows that most identity thieves obtain information through traditional paper-based sources rather than electronic channels. While laws and privacy policies help to keep companies in line and criminals in check, prevention is still the best means of intervention.
Partnering with Athelas will ensure that your confidential records will receive expert document destruction services. Athelas trains and employs disabled individuals for work opportunities. Athelas serves many large corporations, State and Federal Government agencies with their destruction needs. More importantly, partnering with us will allow individuals with disabilities to have a job!
- 25 years experience in document destruction
- All staff receive F.B.I. and Maryland State Police background checks
- All staff sign a non-disclosure statement
- Federally approved destruction site
- Affiliated member of NISH
- Secure, locked bins
- Lowest cost-per-pound for your shredding needs
- All bins weighed on state certified scales
- Shred width 5/16” vs. industry standard of 5/8”
- On-going training for all employees
- Pickup services in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia
- Most importantly, meeting your security needs and providing jobs for disabled individuals
- Protection against Identity Theft
- Protection against “Dumpster Diving”
Every ton of recycled paper saves:
- 3.5 cubic yards of landfill
- 17 thirty foot (pulp) trees
- 7,000 gallons of water
- 380 gallons of oil
- 4,100 kwh of energy
- 60 pounds of air pollutants
- Large Corporations
- Small Businesses
- State and Federal Government Agencies
- Competitive Pricing Available