The Athelas Residential Services Internship Program lasts fifteen weeks and is designed to help students gain real-world experience while meeting the academic criteria of their field of study. Although Athelas Internships are unpaid, the experience gained will be invaluable to students.
Our interns work directly under the supervision of an Athelas employee including House Managers, Operations Managers, Directors or other staff members as appropriate. Interns work hands on with intellectually disabled adults, medically fragile adults and aging adults in our our group homes or assisted living units, gaining experience in every aspect of the day to day operations of an innovative leader among non-profit human service agencies in it’s field. Additionally, on a limited basis, opportunities may be available in our Administrative office, working side by side with the Residential Services Case Manager.
Some specific learning opportunities include:
- Preparing for and attending IP meetings
- Monthly paperwork
- Data entry
- Community Outings which are designed to meet our individual’s needs and interests and include but are not limited to:
- Special Olympics
- Saturday Community Dances
Minimum Program Qualifications:
- Candidtates must have a High School Diploma or Equivilant
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Have a strong passion for improving the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities and medically fragile adults
- Possess a desire to learn and contribute to building a positive team atmosphere
- Be able to complete two consecutive weeks of trainings, Monday-Friday from 9am – 4pm, as part of their internship experience
*National background check is required for all Athelas Intern applicants
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for to complete your internship, please complete the application below and we’ll contact you shortly.